Sunday, November 30, 2008

History assignment: opinion of depression 2009

After reading the depression 2009 article i was shocked. I didn't realize how the improbable depression would end up. I was surprised when it said that the depression would most likely not happen and i was also surprised to read that we may not be as active as the last depression turned out, where now people would be roaming their televisions for entertainment instead of the country. I was shocked to read that housing costs would decrease, and people would flock towards apartment living than suburban living. It didn't surprise me that they suggest that convenience stores like Wall Mart and Target would flourish because their reasonable prices would be just what could feed the hungry mouths of the destitute people in the depression. Another thing that didn't surprise me was how the article described people buying for quality and not quantity anymore, something that I think would be greatly appreciated in an economic crisis. i was surprised to read that people wouldn't starve like they had before and i was also surprised to read that food costs would decrease heavily. i assumed with supply and demand the costs would rise and food wouldn't be as readily available. a lot of the facts shown in the article surprised me but other things did not and overall the article made me want to feel more aware about our country's economic situation, it made me want to follow it more closely.

1 comment:

Mr. Paulus said...

Nice job reflecting on the article.