Wednesday, October 22, 2008
Should we give up civil liberties during wartime?
Should we give up civil liberties during wartime? A question that has been asked for ages to American citizens. I personally believe that yes, Americans should be willing to give up certain liberties during times of need in our country. I think Liberties like freedom of the press, however important they may be, are expendable liberties that we should be willing to sacrifice in order to keep peace in our country and keep nationalism at an all time high. Without the positive re-enforcement of our media, Americans will be discouraged from ever taking action against threats to our peace. I think that keeping from quartering the military is also a right that is expendable as long as our troops that are fighting for our rights need our help. I don't think it is right to not provide our soldiers with food and shelter if they are fighting for our rights.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment